Approval Voting vs. Plurality Voting
- Users of the Approval Voting method largely choose to vote for more than one candidate;
- Candidates showing scant support under Choose-one Plurality Voting are better represented under Approval Voting;
- Approval Voting is completely immune from the vote splitting spoiler effect ;
- Users of Choose-one Plurality Voting often support or oppose candidates by bullet voting (negative reinforcement of the spoiler effect).
- Approval Voting provides public guidance when office holders do not complete their terms.
- Choose-one Plurality voting can lead to voters abandoning their first choice in order to help a “lesser of evils” to win.
Colorado’s newest party is seeking citizens of the state to register to vote as Approval Voting Party members.
The Approval Voting Party has been established in Colorado. On October 1st 2019 over one-thousand Colorado voters have registered as AVP which was founded in late 2018.
On June 2nd of 2019 the first statewide convention was held in Denver.